Dancing On Ice's Jordan Banjo and Perri Kiely talk possibility of contestants locking down with pros

Jordan Banjo and Perri Kiely think the Dancing on Ice contestants will go into lockdown with their partners (Picture: Rex)

Jordan Banjo and Perri Kiely believe the only way Dancing on Ice can work is if the contestants go into lockdown with their skating partners.

It comes after TV bosses confirmed the ITV show would be going ahead this year.

Although Jordan, who is the show’s social host thinks there will be some major changes in the upcoming series.

‘I think it’s the only way it can work,’ he began.

‘You can’t socially distance from your partner, trying to catch with blades strapped to their feet two metres apart is going to be a challenge.’

Jordan went on to add that the contestants would ‘get to know’ their dance partners if they self-isolated together.

Jordan Banjo and Perri Kiely arriving for the Kiss Haunted House Party held at the SSE Wembley Arena, Wembley, London. PRESS ASSOCIATION Photo. Picture date: Friday October 25, 2019. See PA story SHOWBIZ Kiss. Photo credit should read: Matt Crossick/PA Wire

Jordan Banjo and Perri Kiely (Picture: PA)

Perri, who came runner-up in the skating competition last year after Joe Swash took the crown, went on to discuss the show being filmed without a live studio audience.

The Diversity star said filming without an audience would ‘feel strange’ although it would be just like a rehearsal.

Editorial use only Mandatory Credit: Photo by Matt Frost/ITV/REX (10568890bb) Perri Kiely and Vanessa Bauer 'Dancing On Ice' TV show, Series 12, Episode 9, Hertfordshire, UK - 01 Mar 2020

Perri came runner-up last year (Picture: Matt Frost/ITV/REX)

‘It has pros and cons but personally I think you need that live element because having a proper audience is the best feeling. But all the shows just have to be safe now. If you want it to go ahead, you just have to be safe,’ he added to Digital Spy.

Judge John Barrowman also recently revealed that he would be up for going ahead with the show even if it had to be filmed without a studio audience. 

He told Christine Lampard on Lorraine: ‘Well, nothing has been said officially to me, however, if it does come back I know I will be there. 

‘I would, in a sense, like to know myself because you have to plan ahead now, I’ve got to plan flights and make sure everything is OK here before I come back, but it is something we need. 

‘Dancing On Ice is such a great show at the time of the year when everybody needs a bit of a lift anyway, this year we’re going to need an even bigger lift.’

Metro.co.uk has reached out to ITV for comment.

Dancing on Ice is expected to air on ITV later this year.

Got a story?

If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.

MORE: Phillip Schofield not ‘in talks’ with Strictly Come Dancing bosses to be in first same-sex couple of series

MORE: Dancing on Ice star Alex Murphy reveals she’s ‘still not over it’ after being axed from show

ADVERTISEMENT